The purpose of the forums is to create a meeting place where discussion and exchange of information relating to Electrical Power Systems can be cultivated amongst ERACS Users. Forums available are: General, Modelling, Power Quality, Protection, Earthing and Renewables.
The ERACS User website has been revamped and updated and now includes many more FAQs and other useful resources.
ERACS now supports the new slimmer SuperPro parallel security key.
Find Faulted Element has been added to the "Find" option of the "Edit" menu. This item is enabled when results for Fault, IEC909 and Protection studies are displayed on the network diagram and the diagram contains a single faulted element. When selected diagram focus is moved to reveal the element that has the fault applied to it.
- 10-bus system increased from a maximum of 5 to a maximum of 10 series elements
- 50-bus system increased from a maximum of 10 to a maximum of 25 series elements
- 100-bus system increased from a maximum of 20 to a maximum of 50 series elements
- 150-bus system increased from a maximum of 30 to a maximum of 75 series elements
- 300-bus system increased from a maximum of 60 to a maximum of 150 series elements
- 500-bus system increased from a maximum of 100 to a maximum of 250 series elements
- 1500-bus system remained at a maximum of 400 series elements
A "Defaults" button has been added to the "Select Data/Results" form. When clicked this button will return the Element and study combination to their default result selection.
Reference Generator Selection Updated
Version 3.6.1 :
The text and caption of the "Reference Generator" group box of the Transient setup panel has been improved. It now reflects the fact that a grid infeed or synchronous machine can be selected.
An option has been provided that enables you to select whether study results should be saved to the main database. When this option is selected the study set-up information is saved to the master database so that the study can be easily run again at a later date. However, the results produced by the study are not saved, which means that the size of your database files will be significantly reduced.
A toolbar has been added to each element's data entry and to the library data entry forms. The toolbar includes the following buttons:
- Help: Opens the Help file at the appropriate entry.
- Print: Starts the print facility for the appropriate entry.
- Manual: Opens an ERACS manual.
- Current Base Converter: Starts the current base converter.
- Impedance Base Converter: Starts the impedance base converter.
- Impedance Converter: Starts the per-unit to ohms (or vice-versa) impedance converter.
- General Units Converter: Starts the general unit converter.
Selecting the manual icon from the new toolbar automatically links to the appropriate page of the User/Technical manual.
When a study is deleted an option has been provided that enables you to delete the study results, but leave the study setup information in place. This means that you can reduce the size of your databases (provided that a Database Health Check is performed after the deletion) and that studies can be re-run.