ERACS now contains an interface to the Python scripting language, enabling the user to automate many functions including:
- Reading ERACS XML data files.
- Performing loadflow studies and accessing all results.
- Performing fault level studies and accessing all results.
- Performing harmonic impedance studies and accessing all results.
- Performing analysis on data from other sources such as databases and spreadsheets.
- Exporting data to databases and spreadsheets.
The Python Interface functions are included with all versions of ERACS and employ the same licence as ERACS. That means, a licence for the Fault calculation will be required to perform scripted Fault analysis.
ERACS currently uses Python versions 3.5 and newer.
Please consult the ERACS Python Interface documentation for more information.
Python is a powerful object-oriented programming language that is easy to learn and use. Python’s main benefits are:
- Enables rapid development time.
- Extensive standard libraries and modules are available.
- Libraries that provided automated access to other applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access are available.
- Developed under an open source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial applications.
Further information about the Python language can be found here
You are currently viewing a single Feature's details.